About Dr. Tapaswini
Dr. Tapaswini Pradhan Sharma is a Senior Consultant, Surgical oncology at Fortis Cancer Institute, Fortis Hospital, Shalimar Bagh. She is a trained head and neck cancer surgeon from All India Institute of Medical Science, New Delhi, India and has been practicing for the past 20 years.
About Dr. Tapaswini Pradhan
Dr Tapaswini Pradhan Sharma is a trained head and neck cancer surgeon from All India Institute of Medical Science, New Delhi, India and has been practicing for the past 20 years. She is currently working as a Senior Consultant, Head and Neck Cancer at Fortis Hospital, Shalimar Bagh. Her medical qualifications include MBBS, MS (ENT), and DNB. Her area of specialization includes Head & Neck Oncosurgery. She is trained in performing Transoral Laser (TOLS), Transoral Robotic (TORS) and Endoscopic skull-base Surgeries. She was also selected for a fellowship from the Royal Marsden Cancer Hospital, Chelsea, UK. Dr. Tapaswini is an esteemed member of various reputed organizations and has been on the executive council of Foundation of Head and Neck Oncology (FHNO) She is a regular faculty at various national and international conferences and workshops and has numerous articles & papers to her credit.
She has worked with hospitals like BLK Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi, as Senior Consultant, Surgical Oncology (Head and Neck) for 4 years. Prior to that she was associated with Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute & Research Centre for 5 years as a consultant in Head & Neck. She is well versed in the use of Lasers in oral surgery and has also been trained in trans- oral robotic surgery. She is an expert in trans oral Laser Micro Laryngeal surgery and Endoscopic skull base surgery.
- Current : Fortis Hospital, Shalimar Bagh, Delhi, as Senior Consultant Head & Neck Oncosurgical
- BLK Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi, as Senior Consultant, Surgical Oncology, (Head & Neck oncology)
- The Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute, Delhi as Consultant, Surgical Oncology
- AIIMS, New Delhi as Sr. Research Officer
- AIIMS, New Delhi as Sr. Research Fellow
- Lady Hardinge, New Delhi as Demonstrator / Senior Resident
M.B.B.S., M.S. (E.N.T), D.N.B. (E.N.T)
ADVANCED TRAINING and SPECIALISATION
- Area of specialization: Head and neck cancer surgeries and otolaryngologic surgical procedures.
- Transoral and micro laryngeal Laser surgery & Head Neck Oncology-University of Genova, Genova, ITALY.
- Trans oral Robotic surgery -University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA.
- Endoscopic skull base surgery: University of Pittsburg Medical Center, USA
- Post Laryngectomy voice rehabilitation-Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, with Global Post laryngectomy programme, Switzerland.
- Maxillofacial Bioengineered tissue synthesis and Reconstructions -AO Workshops & Courses, South East Asian Section.
2nd Runner’s up at the WORLD’s first surgical video workshop held at Ahmadabad between 30-31 March 2019.
Awarded a Research Fellowship at the Royal Marsden Cancer Hospital, London in December 2006.
Gold Medal for the Best Free Paper at the 5th Foundation for Head and Neck Oncology National Conference, Lucknow, 2006.
The paper “Correlation of clinical and pathological nodal status in gingivobuccal cancers,” was named among the best four papers at the sixth national conference of the Foundation for Head and Neck Oncology, Udaipur, October 2006.
“Functional and oncologic results of Near-total Laryngectomy” won the best junior consultant paper award at the 5th SAARC Otolaryngologists Congress, New Delhi, September 2006.
A paper on Correlation of clinical and pathological nodal status in gingivobuccal cancers, awarded the third prize at AIOCON 2007, Bhubaneswar.
2nd prize at the quiz contest of the 16th Annual conference of the All India Rhinology Society, July 2003.
2nd prize at the quiz contest of the Association of Otolaryngologists of India, the 24th annual conference [Delhi state branch], held in April 2001.
“Rigid Bronchoscopy for Bronchial Foreign Bodies in Paediatric Patients With and Without Hopkins Telescope,” was awarded the gold medal at the Smt Mukut Saharia Award Session of the 22nd Annual Conference of A.O.I, Delhi State Branch. March 1999.
- Skull base society of India
- Society of Robotic Surgery